Overcome Career-Related Issues and Love What You Do!
Our careers are one of the most important and defining aspects of our lives.
Most of us spend at least one-third of our time at work – half our waking hours – and many of us much more than that. This can be great if you love what you do for a living. But what if you don’t?
What do you do if you have the career you once dreamed of, but have come to realize it’s not providing the happiness and sense of fulfillment you thought it would?
Or, if you’re like a lot of the clients I help every day, you’re struggling to achieve a healthy work-life balance because you’re over-compensating with work to avoid other issues in your life, having difficulties saying “no,” or feel like you need to be everywhere and do everything only to feel frustrated over and over again when you find you can’t?
Any of these issues can easily lead you to feel stuck, overwhelmed, or lost … and they’re all pretty common concerns for people like you who are smart, insightful, and who think and feel a lot.
So, what can you do?
Given the pivotal role careers play in our lives, it’s really no surprise that our careers are often what lead us to deeper questions about ourselves … questions about how we perceive and communicate with others, our sense of self-confidence and self-esteem, and knowing who we truly are, what we want, and what brings meaning and joy to our lives.
Unfortunately, these are precisely the types of questions most career counselors and coaches will struggle to help you answer.
Thankfully, professional counseling and psychotherapy can help!
Can Therapy Really Help You Resolve Career-Related Issues?
Professional counseling and psychotherapy are about better understanding yourself, overcoming the perceptions, beliefs and behaviors that are holding you back, and intentionally creating the changes you desire.
In other words, my job is to help you explore, get to know, and understand YOU.
I do this in an objective, non-judgmental way, by helping you explore the relationship you have with yourself through the relationship you and I create together, so you can determine the changes you need to make and create the changes you seek, both in your career and in your life in general.
And helping clients create these types of positive, lasting changes is why I love doing the work I do!
Specifically, we’ll work together to help you:
- Discover and transform any limiting beliefs that are keeping you from making the most of your career and professional life;
- Better understand other people’s behaviors, as well as your own, so you can respond with compassion and improve mutual respect;
- Make sure your work-related stress isn’t leading to conflicts in your personal relationships or, vice-versa;
- Learn to set and maintain better boundaries with others and yourself, so you’re not always taking on more than you can handle, wondering how other people seemingly “do it all,” and feeling frustrated when you can’t;
- Overcome any feelings that you’re an impostor or are “doing everything wrong;”
- Stop trying to force things to happen, instead of taking the time to step back and ask yourself if whatever it is you’re trying to create is the right thing for you;
- Achieve a healthier work-life balance to ensure you’re giving yourself the time you need to achieve both your professional and personal goals;
- Improve your sense of self-confidence and self-esteem; and
- Bring to light what you truly value, the activities that provide you the most meaning and joy, so you can live a more authentic, fulfilling, and joyous life!
While you don’t necessarily need to change careers to resolve these types issues, you do need to make a change …
The longer you let yourself continue to feel overwhelmed, stressed, stuck, frustrated, or dissatisfied, the more likely these types of career-related issues will spill over into your personal life and lead to anxiety, depression, relationship difficulties, and other emotional and behavioral health issues.
If what you’re doing isn’t working, redoubling your efforts and doing more of it isn’t going to help!
Believe me, I know …
I know what it’s like to wake up in the morning and wonder, “What happened to me?”
I’ve been there.
And if you’re used to doing everything yourself, I get it.
But eventually we hit a point where we’ve done EVERYTHING we can and realize we need some help …
I had to learn how to cope with and overcome being easily overwhelmed. I’ve struggled with perfectionism and creating a healthy work-life balance. I used to have a hard time saying “no” to others. And it’s taken me a lot of deep digging, reflecting, and therapy to figure out what I truly want, need, and value … and create it.
Reaching out for help wasn’t easy. But it was the best decision I ever made.
And I can say, both from personal experience and the work I do with clients every day, that it IS possible for you to figure out what you value most, bring your career into alignment with who you truly are, and start taking the steps you need to create a more rewarding future. I’ve done just that. And I’m here to help you do the same.
So, if you’re ready to stop trying to figure it all out on your own …
If you’re ready to work with someone who understands – someone who knows you’re a deep thinker, a deep feeler, and smart as hell …
If you’re ready to work with someone who will be direct and challenge you to recognize the needs you’ve hidden in an effort to survive, and help you thrive …
If you’re ready to try something different, take a deeper journey, and explore what you really need in order to create a future you love and a fulfilling and rewarding life that’s in alignment with who you REALLY are …
Contact me today by phone at 503-961-9200 or by email me at email@example.com to learn more about how I can help you feel confident, passionate and successful in whatever it is you choose to do. I look forward to speaking with you.